By Akira Ishimaru
One of the main methodical remedies of electromagnetic wave propagation, radiation, and scattering—including new purposes and ideas
Presented in elements, this publication takes an analytical procedure at the topic and emphasizes new principles and functions used this day. half one covers basics of electromagnetic wave propagation, radiation, and scattering. It presents plentiful end-of-chapter difficulties and gives a 90-page resolution guide to aid readers money and understand their paintings. the second one a part of the booklet explores up to date purposes of electromagnetic waves—including radiometry, geophysical distant sensing and imaging, and biomedical and sign processing applications.
Written via an international well known authority within the box of electromagnetic learn, this re-creation of Electromagnetic Wave Propagation, Radiation, and Scattering: From basics to purposes presents targeted purposes with invaluable appendices, together with mathematical formulation, ethereal functionality, Abel’s equation, Hilbert remodel, and Riemann surfaces. The booklet additionally good points newly revised fabric that makes a speciality of the next topics:
- Statistical wave theories—which were largely utilized to themes reminiscent of geophysical distant sensing, bio-electromagnetics, bio-optics, and bio-ultrasound imaging
- Integration of a number of unique but similar disciplines, corresponding to statistical wave theories, communications, sign processing, and time reversal imaging
- New phenomena of a number of scattering, corresponding to coherent scattering and reminiscence effects
- Multiphysics purposes that mix theories for various actual phenomena, resembling seismic coda waves, stochastic wave thought, warmth diffusion, and temperature upward push in organic and different media
- Metamaterials and solitons in optical fibers, nonlinear phenomena, and porous media
Primarily a textbook for graduate classes in electric engineering, Electromagnetic Wave Propagation, Radiation, and Scattering can also be excellent for graduate scholars in bioengineering, geophysics, ocean engineering, and geophysical distant sensing. The ebook can be an invaluable reference for engineers and scientists operating in fields resembling geophysical distant sensing, bio–medical engineering in optics and ultrasound, and new fabrics and integration with sign processing.
Read or Download Electromagnetic Wave Propagation, Radiation, and Scattering: From Fundamentals to Applications (IEEE Press Series on Electromagnetic Wave Theory) PDF
Similar electromagnetism books
On June 1St 2004 the school of electric Engineering and knowledge know-how of the Technische Universitat Miinchen bestowed the measure of the healthcare professional honoris causa to Leopold B. Felsen, for remarkable achievements within the concept of electromag netic fields. in this celebration on June 1St and second 2004 on the Technische Universitat Miinchen a symposium on "Fields, Networks, Computational equipment, and platforms: a contemporary View of Engineering Electrodynamics" in honor of Leopold B.
This e-book should be in line with the cloth of the lecture noties in different foreign faculties for the choice and Use of the Geoid, geared up by way of the overseas Geoid Serivice of the foreign organization of Geodesy. It consolidates, unifies, and streamlines this fabric in a different means no longer covereed by way of the few different books that exist in this subjext.
Superconductivity covers the character of the phenomenon of superconductivity. The e-book discusses the elemental rules of superconductivity; the basic beneficial properties of the superconducting state-the phenomena of 0 resistance and ideal diamagnetism; and the houses of many of the periods of superconductors, together with the organics, the buckministerfullerenes, and the precursors to the cuprates.
This publication proposes intriguing arguments that may let scholars to accomplish a deeper realizing of electromagnetism, while additionally offering a couple of classical methods for solving difficult problems. Two chapters are dedicated to relativistic electrodynamics, masking all aspects needed for a complete comprehension of the character of electrical and magnetic fields and, for that reason, electrodynamics.
- Molecular Beam Epitaxy
- Power Electronics Applied to Industrial Systems and Transports, Volume 2: Power Converters and their Control
- Static Electricity: Understanding, Controlling, Applying
- Elektromagnetische Felder: Theorie und Anwendung (Springer-Lehrbuch) (German Edition)
- Physics of Wurtzite Nitrides and Oxides: Passport to Devices (Springer Series in Materials Science)
- Transients in Electrical Systems: Analysis, Recognition, and Mitigation (Electronics)
Additional info for Electromagnetic Wave Propagation, Radiation, and Scattering: From Fundamentals to Applications (IEEE Press Series on Electromagnetic Wave Theory)