By Yoshihiro Baba,Vladimir A. Rakov
Presents present examine into electromagnetic computation theories with specific emphasis on Finite-Difference Time-Domain Method
This e-book is the 1st to consolidate present examine and to ascertain the theories of electromagnetic computation tools when it comes to lightning surge protection. The authors introduce and evaluate current electromagnetic computation tools comparable to the strategy of moments (MOM), the partial point similar circuit (PEEC), the finite aspect strategy (FEM), the transmission-line modeling (TLM) procedure, and the finite-difference time-domain (FDTD) method. the applying of FDTD strategy to lightning safeguard stories is a subject that has matured via many functional functions some time past decade, and the authors clarify the derivation of Maxwell’s equations required by means of the FDTD, and modeling of assorted electric parts wanted in computing lightning electromagnetic fields and surges with the FDTD method. The booklet describes the applying of FDTD solution to present and rising difficulties of lightning surge security of regularly extra advanced installations, really in serious infrastructures of power and knowledge, resembling overhead strength strains, air-insulated sub-stations, wind turbine generator towers and telecommunication towers.
- Both authors are across the world famous specialists within the zone of lightning research and this can be the 1st e-book to provide present learn in lightning surge protection
- Examines intimately why lightning surges happen and what will be performed to guard opposed to them
- Includes theories of electromagnetic computation equipment and plenty of examples in their application
- Accompanied via a pattern revealed software in response to the finite-difference time-domain (FDTD) approach written in C++ program
Read or Download Electromagnetic Computation Methods for Lightning Surge Protection Studies PDF
Similar electromagnetism books
On June 1St 2004 the school of electric Engineering and data know-how of the Technische Universitat Miinchen bestowed the measure of the general practitioner honoris causa to Leopold B. Felsen, for impressive achievements within the idea of electromag netic fields. in this get together on June 1St and second 2004 on the Technische Universitat Miinchen a symposium on "Fields, Networks, Computational equipment, and structures: a latest View of Engineering Electrodynamics" in honor of Leopold B.
This e-book might be in response to the fabric of the lecture noties in numerous overseas faculties for the decision and Use of the Geoid, equipped by way of the overseas Geoid Serivice of the foreign organization of Geodesy. It consolidates, unifies, and streamlines this fabric in a special means now not covereed through the few different books that exist in this subjext.
Superconductivity covers the character of the phenomenon of superconductivity. The e-book discusses the elemental rules of superconductivity; the basic positive aspects of the superconducting state-the phenomena of 0 resistance and excellent diamagnetism; and the homes of a few of the sessions of superconductors, together with the organics, the buckministerfullerenes, and the precursors to the cuprates.
This ebook proposes intriguing arguments that may let scholars to accomplish a deeper realizing of electromagnetism, while additionally featuring a couple of classical methods for solving difficult problems. Two chapters are dedicated to relativistic electrodynamics, protecting all aspects needed for a complete comprehension of the character of electrical and magnetic fields and, thus, electrodynamics.
- Electric-Field Control of Magnetization and Electronic Transport in Ferromagnetic/Ferroelectric Heterostructures (Springer Theses)
- Theoretical Foundations of Electron Spin Resonance: Physical Chemistry: A Series of Monographs
- MRI Physics for Radiologists: A Visual Approach
- From Bulk to Nano: The Many Sides of Magnetism: 117 (Springer Series in Materials Science)
Extra resources for Electromagnetic Computation Methods for Lightning Surge Protection Studies