By Thomas Brothers
Read or Download Chromatic Beauty in the Late Medieval Chanson: An Interpretation of Manuscript Accidentals PDF
Similar literary renaissance criticism books
Within the ultimate many years of the fifteenth-century, the ecu musical international used to be shaken to its foundations through the onset of a veritable tradition warfare at the paintings of polyphony. Now in paperback, The drawback of tune in Early smooth Europe tells the tale of this cultural upheaval, drawing on a variety of little-known texts and records, and weaving them jointly in a story that takes the reader on an eventful musical trip via early-modern Europe.
Eco-friendly in early glossy England didn't suggest what it does this day; yet what did it suggest? Unveiling a number of models and interpretations of eco-friendly, this ebook deals a cultural background of a colour that illuminates the designated valences greenness possessed in early smooth tradition. whereas treating eco-friendly as a panacea for something from sore eyes to ill minds, early moderns additionally perceived verdure as conscious of their verse, sympathetic to their sufferings, and endowed with extraordinary powers of animation.
Eroticism in Early smooth track contributes to a small yet major literature on track, sexuality, and intercourse in 16th- and seventeenth-century Europe. Its chapters have grown from a protracted discussion among a gaggle of students, who hire quite a few diversified methods to the repertoire: musical and visible research; archival and cultural heritage; gender experiences; philology; and function.
This outstanding, cutting edge publication explores the importance in Shakespeare's performs of oaths, vows, contracts, pledges, and the opposite utterances and acts during which characters devote themselves to the reality of items earlier, current, and to come back. In early glossy England, such binding language used to be all over.
- The Politics of Early Modern Women's Writing (Longman Medieval and Renaissance Library)
- Music in Renaissance Ferrara 1400-1505: The Creation of a Musical Center in the Fifteenth Century
- Barbarous Play: Race on the English Renaissance Stage
- Coleridge, Romanticism and the Orient: Cultural Negotiations
- The Renaissance Rediscovery of Intimacy
- Die Erschaffung des heidnischen Götterhimmels durch Boccaccio: Die Quellen der Genealogia Deorum Gentilium in Neapel (Humanistische Bibliothek Reihe I: Abhandlungen 63) (German Edition)
Additional resources for Chromatic Beauty in the Late Medieval Chanson: An Interpretation of Manuscript Accidentals